Wednesday, May 29, 2013

DIY: How to Mount Grave Digger Body (Parma) on Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL 1/10

Recently I bought a nice Grave Digger body (Parma) that was said could fit Traxxas Stampede. 


That was true except the stock body posts didn't fit. I had similar problem with 3rd party Dakkar-style body for my Slash VXL model. That time I just bought adjustable posts on eBay and mount the body - np. This time I decided to do the same. First I searched Amazon. Hmm.... Then eBay... Hmm... Hmm... Then tried general googling - hmm, hmm, hmm... - very strange... It looked like nobody was selling such a post. What a problem! 

On one RC forum I accidentally came across the message about similar problem. And that guy just did his own post from appropriate metal strap. I searched across my junk box and didn't find anything that may fit. Hmmmmmmm........ One more try....  And AHA! Nice metal box from Ahmad Tea! It fit quite nice right on the top on standard body mount. There I attached adjustable rear post from Traxxas 3619 kit and together they did the trick:


And the Final Result




No comments: